EAST COOPER REPUBLICAN CLUB, INC.
The name of this organization shall be: East Cooper Republican Club (hereinafter the “organization”).
Section 1. The purpose of this organization shall be:
- To promote an informed electorate through political education.
- To foster loyalty to the Republican Party and to promote its principals and ideals.
- To support the objectives and policies of the Republican National Committee and to work for the election of the
Republican Party nominees.
Section 1. Eligibility and Qualifications:
- Any person believing in the principals of the Republican Party and intending to support its candidates is eligible
- A member in good standing is one who is a registered voter and who has paid dues for the current
- Membership to this organization shall be voluntary and open to all Republicans who are in harmony with the
objectives of this organization and subscribing to these bylaws.
Section 2. Membership Dues:
- Annual membership dues shall be an amount determined by the members of the organization.
- Dues are to be paid on or before January 1st.
- Membership dues shall be considered delinquent after January 1st, after which time the member shall no
longer receive a newsletter.
- Dues paid by a new member after August 31st shall be considered paid for the following
Section 1. Regular Meetings:
- The Regular Meeting of this club shall be held on the third Monday of each month at noon, unless otherwise
determined by the Board of Directors and notice given to organization members.
- Election of new officers shall take place at the November meeting during odd numbered years.
- Instillation of new officers shall take place at the end of the December meeting during odd numbered
Section 2. Annual Meeting
- The annual meeting of this club shall be held in November of each year.
Section 3. Quorum:
- A quorum for a vote at a meeting of this club shall be at least 25 members or 10% of its members, whichever is
ARTICLE V-BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 1. Composition of the Board of Directors:
- The Board of Directors (sometimes referred to herein as the “Board”) shall consist of all elected and appointed
officers, and the Immediate Past President.
- The Board may appoint up to two at-large members.
Section 2. Duties of the Board of Directors:
- Conduct the business of the organization between regular meetings.
- Advise the President and make recommendations as to the policies of the organization.
- Fill vacancies in elected officers between regular elections.
- Approve the program of action presented by the President.
Section 3. Meetings:
- Shall be held at regular intervals no less than 2 times a year.
- Meetings may be called by the President or upon the request of at least four members of the Board of
Section 4. Quorum:
- Quorum of the Board of Directors shall be five of the voting members of the Board.
ARTICLE VI-OFFICERS AND THEIR
Section 1. Officers:
- The elected officers of this organization shall be as follows: President, Vice President, Secretary, and
- The appointed officers shall be recommended by the President with the approval of the Board of
Section 2. Term of Office:
- The term of office for elected officers shall be two years and no officer may serve in the same position for a
period of more than two consecutive terms.
Section 3. Duties of the President:
- Preside at all meetings of this organization, including Board meetings, and have general supervision of the work
of the club.
- Appoint all committees, except the Nominating Committee to which he/she shall appoint one Board Member and club
member (recommended by the President with the approval of the Board of Directors).
- May attend all committee meetings; take part in discussion and vote, with the exception of the Nominating
- Issue a call for meetings of the Board of Directors.
- May sign, all checks in absence of the Treasurer, all checks authorized by the Board.
- Represent this organization at all times, or in his/her absence or inability to do so, designate someone as
- Act as a liaison between the organization and the Charleston County Republican Party.
Section 4. Duties of the Vice President:
- In the absence of the President, shall perform the duties of the President.
- Fill a vacancy in the office of President for the remainder of a vacated term.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the President.
Section 5. Duties of the Secretary:
- Act as custodian of this organization and to keep files for reference.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the President.
Section 6. Duties of the Treasurer:
- Receive and be custodian of all funds and deposit them into a bank account approved by the Board of
- Pay bills as directed by the Board.
- Keep an account of all monies received and disbursed.
- Report in full at the Board meetings and general meetings.
- Keep an up to date membership roster of the organization and report membership lists and dues.
- Provide for an audit at the end of his/her term.
Section 7. Nominations and Election of Officers:
- The Nominating Committee shall submit at the meeting prior to the annual meeting the names of those persons for
the respective offices. Nominations shall also be received from the floor after the report of the Nominating Committee.
- Elections shall be by ballot and a majority vote shall elect.
- If there is but one nominee for an office, election may be by voice.
- A vacancy in an elected office shall be filled by election by the Board of Directors at the next meeting following
the vacancy. Notice of such vacancy shall be given to members of the Board with the call for the meeting.
Section 1. Committee Formation:
- Unless otherwise specified by these Bylaws, the board may create committees as needed.
- The President shall appoint all committee chairs.
Section 2. Nominating Committee:
- Shall be selected in September of odd numbered years, consisting of one Board Member and two club members, each
recommended by the president and appointed by the Board of Directors, and two members elected by the members at large.
- This committee shall choose its Chairman.
- The Nominating Committee shall submit a slate with at least one nominee for each office in a report to be sent out
with the call for the Annual Meeting in November.
- Nominations may be made from the floor following the report of the Nominating Committee.
- Nominees shall be in good standing with the organization.
- All nominees must have agreed to serve if elected.
- Officers are installed at end of the December meeting.
Section 1. Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised, or the latest edition thereof, shall govern this club in all matters where they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with
the Bylaws and Standing Rules.
Section 1. These Bylaws may be amended by a 2/3vote of members present at any meeting of this club, or special meeting called for that purpose, provided that written notice of the proposed
amendments have been sent to all club members at least two days (48 Hours) before the meeting and the amendments have been previously presented and approved by the Board.
Section 1. In the event of dissolution of this club, all of its assets remaining after payment of all costs and expenses of such dissolution shall be distributed to the Charleston County
Republican Party. None of the assets shall be distributed to any member or officer of this club.
ARTICLE XI-ADOPTION OF BYLAWS
Section 1. We, the undersigned, are all of the initial directors or incorporators of this corporation, and we consent to, and hereby do, adopt the foregoing Bylaws, consisting of the four
preceding pages, as the Bylaws of this organization.